Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day weekend

Stephen and I had a weekend full of fun. My aim was to make sure he got to do the things that he loves with the people he loves. If he ended the weekend feeling appreciated for the wonderful husband and father that he is, then I did my job.


Saturday was our date night. We went to the driving range for a quick golf lesson (you'll learn why soon), a Mexican dinner, and a movie (FYI - Incredible Hulk - awesome!). It was such a fun time. Our romantic time is not always spent swooning over each other. It's fun - joking, teasing, laughing - it's our friend time. We're sitting in the theater next to each other, and during the previews I exclaim to him "dude - did you see that?". Yes, I referred to my husband as "dude". That's when you know you're married to your best friend.


Sunday morning, Catherine and I went to get coffee for him and woke him up with the coffee and his father's day presents. We met a bunch of friends for breakfast, including a very good friend of ours that is going to be a dad in less than a month. Being able to wish him happy father's day for the first time was very sweet.


And then the fab four (me, Stephen, Jen and Phil) went golfing. No, not miniature golf - real golf. Tiger Woods style golf. Well, none of us are as good as Tiger. But still. Yes, I can actually swing a golf club. And sometimes I can even hit the ball. Who knew? You don't believe me? I have proof... I'll have to post pictures up later once they fix whatever is broken for loading pictures. =(


After golfing, we picked up the kids, grandma Theresa and her beau Roland, and went to a favorite dinner spot, Rock Pasta. The fun part was after the food was done and the kids were getting extremely restless. Jen, in all her motherhood wisdom, sprung into song. Catherine lit up when we all started singing "Old MacDonald", and after each verse said "more, more!" It was a great end to a wonderful night.

No comments: