Saturday, September 27, 2008

Offer

We saw more houses Wednesday night, and we saw one that we like so much that we put an offer on the next night. I'd go into great detail about it, but I think I'll wait until we hear the result. I don't want to get my hopes up too much. How it works is that if the offer isn't accepted or if they counter offer, we may need to move on to the next house. And that's OK because there's plenty of good options out there. The house is already listed at $55,000 below the assessed value, and we put in an offer just a little below the listed price to make it in our budget. So we'll see.

We should hear by Monday or Tuesday. Very exciting either way!

3 comments:

Tina said...

GOOD LUCK! Jeff and I are going to look at a house today. It's on the river! So, hopefully it goes well.

TahoeKaren said...

Oh WOW!!! How exciting!! I will think some really good thoughts for you. I am sending them to your Mom, too, in the hopes that her house does not take halfway to forever to get processed.
Much love,
Aunt Karen

CV said...

OOOOOO, good luck! Keep us posted! :)