Thursday, March 19, 2009

The final of all finals

It's official. I'm done. Before the next stage of course. It's funny how finally finding the light at the end of one tunnel only allows you to see the entrance to another tunnel. But what I mean is that I am officially done with my prerequisites. The whole list is crossed off, and now I only need to start begging to nursing schools to let me in.

After being a mean little ball of stress for the last 2 weeks, my final grades showed that the stress and hard work paid off. Which reminds me, I apologize to anyone who I have neglected or simply been mean to in the last couple weeks. Hopefully you understand it was all for a good cause? And I intend to make it up to you.

The end of this class was similar to other classes, what with the endless hours of studying and banging my head on various hard surfaces. But the final moment had a different air about it. I handed my completed final exam to the prof, walked out the door into an empty hallway, and took a deep breath. It was a moment riddled with various emotions that I wasn't prepared for. Relief: I'm done, I survived! Triumph: I conquered the mountain! Apprehension: I wonder how I did? Anxiety: Oh boy, now for nursing school applications and stressing when and if I'll get in. And finally, sadness: I have grown to love this class. As much as it made me want to kill myself at times, I love it. I love the teacher. I love my classmates. We've all been working together now for over 6 months. I got to know nearly everyone in the class, and became dear friends with a few. And it was time to say goodbye. With all of this surging through my head, I didn't know whether to cheer or cry. I wound up doing a combination of both.

So... next. Once again I am faced with reality. http://catherineeleanore.blogspot.com/2008/12/back-to-normal.html (ditto to all said here, just minus the Christmas decorating. Yes, I'm purposely not excluded the unpacking)

Back to "normal". I'll be catching up on everything in the next couple of weeks. If I haven't been in touch with you, I hope that you'll get a phone call from me soon. Thank you everyone for the positive thoughts, prayers, and other various methods of support. It means so much to me and really helped me through everything. I'll still be needing all of this in the next few months, as I go through several tedious application processes, and then much more when I start the insanity that is nursing school. I suppose the appropriate term is "stay tuned". =)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Let's get together next week. I'm working Mon/Tues, pretty free for the rest of it.