Friday, March 27, 2009

upside down day

If you saw my Facebook status yesterday about my day turning upside down, here's the story. I was enjoying a leisurely day. I got to sleep in - really sleep in - for the first time in... I don't know, a year. I made my self breakfast and coffee, caught up on American Idol that I missed the night before, and then was trying to decide how I could productively use the next several hours before having to go to work.

I needed to get started on nursing applications, so I pulled up the information for the school that has the deadline coming up a little too soon. I'd been frustrated already with this application process because they require that you go to this information session to get the application materials. It makes sense, and quite helpful, except that the last scheduled session was 6 weeks ago, with no word about scheduling another date before the deadline. I pulled up the information, and suddenly I see that they scheduled a last minute session - that afternoon - making it my last opportunity to be able to apply. Which meant that the rest of my afternoon was instantly shot. I had to get ready to leave early enough because the meeting was up in Poulsbo, about an hour north of here. And I had to rearrange my work schedule at the last minute. Ugh.

So that's why my day was turned upside down. And the most frustrating thing of all is that it turns out I'm not going to apply. The number of sequential hoops that need to be jumped through in order to have everything completed in 3 days, with a 99% chance (estimated of course) of me not even having a shot of getting in. Yeah right. I would still be optimistic and apply anyways, but one of the things I learned is that all of the nursing classes are taught at this far away campus, not the more reasonably close campus. It's just inconceivable.

Boo.

1 comment:

CV said...

Aw, honey, I'm sorry! But better you find out now rather than later, yes? And I love the sound of your relaxing morning. :)