Wednesday, January 21, 2009

2008: the year in pictures

I know that the new year's celebrations have come and gone, but I'm a bit behind. So here is my look back at the last year in my favorite way, by pictures.


This is probably the most beautiful picture that was taken from the year. I love the smile in her eyes and how the bright colors in the shot really bring out her eyes. We were playing at an indoor playground, and she was having so much fun running all around and up and down the slides.


I love this picture because it captures her thoughtful mood. We were playing at Papa Steve's house, and she took a moment to gaze out the window. This is a pretty common look on her face. My thoughtful little girl.

This is still my favorite picture of her from the whole year. We were at Sack Camp, the annual family reunion for Stephen's side. With that cool shirt and those cool sunglasses - who can resist? It was hilarious because she said "cool baby" when she put on the glasses. She's so funny.
OK, not the greatest of pictures, especially because of that grumpy face. But it is the moment, the time, that it captures. And because it was one of the high points of the year, I can't resist including it.

Well, as if the election wasn't enough of a high point. Buying our first home was definitely another high. We're still getting settled, and might even be able to use the "play room" for our upcoming birthday parties. It makes things a bit more difficult right now, but the joy makes it all worth it. 2008 will always be remembered as the year we became homeowners.

1 comment:

CV said...

She is so CUTE!!