Tuesday, November 6, 2007

fun weekend

For ONCE I didn't have to work or have any real plans over the weekend, so I took the chance to go down to Vancouver to visit my mom and dad. I brought Catherine with me, but left Stephen at home for some really deserved time off.

Catherine and I met with grandma Trudy and auntie Val, and started off the day with some baby shopping. We got a pak n play so that Catherine can have a place to sleep when she's at grandma's. Later we got to see Val and Jason's new house (Jason bought a house - too cool!), which is pretty cool. It's about 2 blocks away from my old high school, a split level 4 bedroom, 3 bath home with a huge shop that is literally the size of the house. It really is an awesome place, and I am so happy for them. OK, 10% jealous and 90% happy, but still...

That night I took my mom with me to a friend's surprise birthday party. Rian is an old friend from high school, who I was foolish enough to lose touch with over the years. So I was so excited when I got in touch with Brandon, her husband and another friend from high school, and got the OK to come to the party. When I got there, surprise for me - there was a handful of other old friends that I haven't seen since high school! OMG!!! It was so much fun to catch up and share time with them. And what a surprise for Rian that I was there! =) Will it be another 10 years until I can see them again? I hope not. And Dawn was there too, one of my closest friends in the world whom I was smart enough to keep in touch with.

Sunday mom, Catherine, Val, Jason and me got together for breakfast at IHOP, which was a lot of fun. And I am so proud to say that I chose really smart off the menu - I had the garden scramble with a side cup of fruit - and including coffee it only cost me 7 points! Wahoo!

Before going home, Catherine and I went over to spend time with my dad. The time is never long enough, and was cut a little short because of my pint-sized cranky-pants who needed a nap. But it was fun to spend time with him. We introduced Catherine to football, had lunch and I got to see more of his incredible pictures from Hawaii.

All in all, a really great weekend. Then back to work and school on Monday - ugh!!

No comments: