Saturday, November 10, 2007

Personal introspective

Thanks to Cindy for this insightful exercise.

life would be simpler if... we had no debt
i feel most beautiful... when I am holding Catherine
the quality i like most about myself... my compassion for everyone around me
the quality i like least about myself is... my lack of willpower - it gets in the way of everything from losing weight to saving money
something that no one knows about me is... that I struggle daily with the effects of depression (well, a lot of people know this about me, but not everyone)
something I'm proud of... having such a beautiful and strong daughter, and getting A's in all my classes since I've been back in school
guiltiest pleasure? sweets
high road or low road? High, whenever I can
my favorite possession is... my pictures.
when i was little, i wanted to be... an archaeologist. I thought dinosaurs were SO cool.
what surprises me most about my adult life is... that friendships aren't always what they seem; and that we really knew nothing as a teenagers, and most likely still don't know anything now; and that parenthood is simutaneously more difficult and more joyful than I ever thought... there are a lot of surprises about adulthood.
the big decision i'm currently wrestling with is... 1) how much longer I can keep working while going to school; 2) if we'll really be able to afford going to Europe; and 3) how we'll be able to finance to buy a house.
my motto is... Do not worry for tomorrow, tomorrow will care for itself. - Matthew 5:36

No comments: