Friday, November 30, 2007

Funny Catherine stories

She found her shadow for the first time (that I've seen) on Tuesday. So cute. She was by this spot in the living room that gets extremely bright at the same time each day, assuming it's sunny, and all of a sudden she stopped, raised her hand and wiggled her fingers. She had such a perplexed look on her face, and I noticed that she was watching her shadow. I came over with her and we played shadow puppets for a couple of minutes. =)

Did I mention that she took her first steps last week? Well now she's doing it all the time, and gaining more confidence with it. Still only 3-4 steps at a time, but she loves her new skill. Yesterday she crawled over to me and pulled herself to standing by one of my feet. I held my hand out to her so she could walk to me, but she ignored my offer for help and stepped right to me. I could almost hear her thinking "no thanks, I've got this, mom". She cracks me up. =)

And last but certainly not least of the crazy/funny things that Catherine has done this week: she gave me a bloody nose. No, not with a head butt - that would be too easy. She was being really fussy in my lap and was "playing" with my face. It went something like this: "yes dear, that's mommy's mouth... yes dear, that's mommy's nose... ow!!!" I don't know if she slipped or just pushed it to the side, but let's just say that it doesn't really have a happy ending. However, I must say that I'm really proud of how I handled it. I had to put her down and she started crying, but I didn't freak out or overreact, and I even managed to give her the bottle and put her down for her nap with tissue stuck up my nose.

That's my week in the life of a mom. ;)

No comments: