Monday, December 3, 2007

Tis the season

What a wonderful weekend to welcome December and open the holiday season! Two big traditions took place: the Payne family annual trek to cut down our Christmas trees, and the 8th annual girls holiday gathering.

Saturday was our trek up to the mountain. We packed the car and truck with everything we needed: snow gear, snowshoes, axe and saw, food and warm drinks. It's a long drive down to the Gifford-Pinchot-National-Forest and then up until we hit snow. Cute pictures of our little snow bunny all bundled up were a must!
















My girlfriends and I have been getting together every Christmas since my junior year at PLU. At the time we were all living in the same apartment complex: me, Heather and Lori in one apartment, and directly across from us were Hilary, Christine, and Keleigh. This was 8 years ago. Since then, all of us but one have gotten married, 2 have had kids, some of us have gone on to further our eduction, and all of us have busy lives. Often times the holiday party is the only time that all 6 of us can get together.

The gathering has changed from year to year. One year Jenny Chase joined us (she was living with Lori at the time), a couple of years ago Heather's mom was there, and this year my mom joined the party. But some things never change: food, present exchange, stockings, and great girlfriend company. We rotate who hosts, and this year I got to host! I love playing hostess! We had brunch food - quite yummy if I do say so myself. And after presents and stockings we sat and chatted and caught up from lost time. Refueling our girl time until next year.
=)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Thank you so much for remembering me! And my maiden name too! I remember the highlight being a rawther naughty gift....but I'll never tell...

Cindy said...

The pictures are adorable! What did Catherine think of the snow? Now that Don and I are living in the palm tree state, we had to break down and get an artificial tree.

CV said...

Ok, Jenny, you have piqued my curiosity once again. Do tell!

I agree with Cindy, Catherine look so cute! Alas, we do not have a tree this year but will still decorate with lights and ortaments. At least I'll get to decorate a real tree this year when I get up North.