Sunday, February 3, 2008

Birthday girl

"BG" = baby girl, beautiful girl, big girl... and yesterday it was BIRTHDAY GIRL!

It was a wonderful day. I couldn't have asked it to get any better. There was a little bit where I was stressing with the amount that needed to be done. As the guests started rolling in, I was still in the kitchen making food. I put my mom and sis straight to work (thanks again for the help, girls!). Stephen was a wonderful host and took care of the guests and Catherine in the meantime. And in the end the cakes were decorated, the food turned out great, and we had ourselves a wonderful party.

I was so overjoyed of everyone that was there. All of her grandparents, MY grandparents (WOW was that special), Auntie Val, Auntie Jenny and Uncle Phil, cousin Toby, friends Lynn and Steph, and even Uncle JJ was able to stop by. We definitely had a full house! Everyone seemed to have a wonderful time, which probably was the best part of the whole day.

Catherine was a doll. She was a little overwhelmed at first with all the people, but she settled down and had a total ball. She had a bunch of energy thanks to adhering to her nap schedule that morning (thank GOD!), and outlasted many of the party guests. You go, little girl! She was pretty patient during opening the presents and absolutely loved the cool toys she got (and mommy loved all of the cute girly clothes!). And of course she loved the cake that we let her dive into, as per tradition. Until her bath that evening she still had frosting in her hair, all around her neck, in her ears, up her nose and up and down her arms.

I will post some pictures tomorrow. I don't have access to them now because I'm at work. So... more to come.

For now... my baby is one. The nickname that has stuck with her is "BG" - for quite a while it has stood for baby girl. Now she's one. I think it now needs to stand for big girl.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Congrats, and so sorry to have missed it! Can't wait to see the pics.