Monday, February 25, 2008

Triple birthdays

What an incredible weekend. All of the running around and long hours working on Friday totally paid off, as the party Saturday was a total success. It still wouldn't have happened without the help of Stephen, my mom and Val though - thanks guys! Hey, even supermom has to have help!

Catherine was great, as always. She had fun with the other kids there and liked being the star of the show whenever possible. The funniest moment of the day was when Auntie Val sat on the floor with a plate full of food - Catherine went over to her, eyeballing the food and looked up at her auntie with an expectant, pleading look. Val wasn't about to give in. Catherine brought a balloon to her. Val took it, thanked her, and Catherine upped the puppy dog look. It became really clear that she was trying to trade the balloon for some food. Val still didn't give in. So Catherine brought her a toy. Still no luck making a trade. She brought her a present off of the table - even her precious Elly. She was trying hard to trade for some of the food on Auntie Val's plate! We were all cracking up so much! Then I went to get her own snack so she would leave Auntie Val alone. ;)

I loved that so many people came. At the one point that everyone was there - around the time we did presents and cake - there was so many people that there were people hanging out on our front porch. Thank GOD for good weather that day. I felt bad though - I'm the kind of hostess that wants everyone to be taken care of and having a good time. So when there wasn't enough room for everyone in the main room I felt like saying "hold on, let me knock down a wall to make more room!" But everyone seemed understanding. It was a great day.

Once I get more pictures loaded I'll share the really good ones. My dad takes great pictures of his grandbaby, and naturally took the one at the top of the post! She's so gorgeous!

Happy birthday to all 3 of us! Yeah!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

She's so beautiful! Sounds like a great party, so sad to have missed it!

CV said...

She's so frickin cute! I just want to grab those chipmunk cheeks of hers!

I know I haven't responded to your email yet, but I will, I promise. It's just been insane with Matt being sick and everything else going on...love and miss you!