Friday, February 15, 2008

Isn't it romantic?

I can imagine that many couples heading to the bedroom on Valentine's night would be carrying various fun and romantic things. Candles, wine, maybe a Valentine's gift or two. Not us, not this year. When we headed towards the bedroom last night I was carrying my tissues, water bottle, vaseline, NyQuil and cough drops. Oh yeah, we had a smokin' Valentine's this year.

This cold has totally kicked my butt. I'm still recovering, but thanks to being able to find some pseudophrine in my medicine cabinet I slept much better last night and I am feeling a lot better already. I've been on almost 12 different medications (don't worry mom - I'm watching closely to be within normal dose ranges and to avoid interactions). Better living through chemicals - wahoo! Stephen got the cold for all of about 4 hours, and Catherine's had a slight fever on and off and a runny nose, but other than that - I'm the sickling in the family this time.

But last night wasn't a total loss. When Stephen got home from work he brought me a rose and some yummy chocolates. After visiting a family member in the hospital (Aunt Sue has been in and out of the hospital for the last couple of weeks with gall stones and bronchitis), he stopped at the Old Spaghetti Factory to bring home dinner for 2. We cuddled on the couch and watched TV, and then off to an early bedtime with said tissues and cough drops. I have a great husband - I'll have to make it up to him.

No comments: