Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy mother's day to me and all the wonderful mothers in my life!

I was concerned that I wouldn't have any mother's day at all, knowing that I had to work full days both Saturday and Sunday. I was completely bummed. But Stephen said "leave it to me", and that was that. I wasn't allowed to ask questions or know any details whatsoever. I could tell that he was boasting with pride for his plans, so I knew it had to be good.

Finally I found out Saturday morning. He helped me get up and get ready (including watching the baby while I took a long shower!), and told me that a bunch of my favorite moms were meeting me to get mani/pedis, and then we would all come back here to play with our kids and have a full brunch, which the dads were making and serving. WOW!!!!

So I met with my mom (who drove all the way from Vancouver just to surprise me), Stephen's mom (also my godmother; double bonus), Jen (who has shared motherhood with me from the very beginning), Jen's mother-in-law, and one of my best friends and also a mother, Sarah.

And to top it off, a toast with mimosas. From Stephen: "To mothers and diapers, both of which have to deal with all of our shit!"

I thought I wouldn't have any mother's day at all. No way. I had the best mother's day EVER! And I officially have the best husband in the world (Sorry girls, I think this wins the prize!).

To all of the mothers who are in my life: I hope you had an excellent day, but more importantly I hope that you know how important you are and how much you influence and inspire everyone around you every day of the year. I would not be the mother that I am without learning love and compassion from my mom, wisdom and faith from my grandmother, patience and calm from my godmother/mother-in-law, and how to still be myself and have fun in life from my girlfriends. And thank you to Stephen, because without your support I would not survive motherhood. Period. Thank you to all.

I honestly don't know why she was upset. Probably because I stopped giving her food to take the picture.
Does this really need explanation?

OK, something must have been REALLY funny! Road rage in its early stages

No comments: