Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Impending hope

Did you think I was going to say impending doom? That's the saying of course. But today it's a different feeling. Today, the day that we, the people of the United States of America, put forth our ballots and elect a new president of our country. I do have mixed feelings, but not quite doom. Anxiousness, excitement, satisfaction, exasperation. What a day! But the feeling more than anything is hope.
But for me it's a cautious hope. I got my hopes up the last 2 elections, only to be devestated and shocked the next day with the results. Everything I'm hearing so far sounds like good news. But...
If the results are the way that I am hoping and praying, it is hopeful times. Still hard times, of course. And either way I feel sorry for the person inheriting the mess that is currently in the White House. The next president will enter the White House not knowing peace nor prosperity. But hope! What a great feeling! We have so much to worry about right now. Even thinking about hope for better things in the future is such a relief.
Did I vote? Heck yes! I was happy to see long lines - wow! Did you vote?
And one more thing I'll say about this crazy day - I am looking forward to something else that tomorrow will bring. No more campaign ads! I have never been so excited to see commercials for sugary snacks and male enhancements in my life!

Catherine and I getting ready this morning, proudly wearing the shirts that I made for us. Well, I was proud. She was upset that I was interupting her play time to take a picture. ;)

Cute thing about Catherine's shirt: if you asked her who's on her shirt, she would look down, point to her shirt and emphatically say "OBAMA!". And every once in while she would run around the room chanting in her little sing song voice "Obama, Obama, Obama!"

No comments: