Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's so hard to say goodbye

The time is coming, and I know it. I've been working on it for months, trying to find another option. But nothing has worked.

It's time that I need to say goodbye to my two feline friends.

We made the decision long ago that toddlers and cats don't mix - especially our cats. Catherine gets way too excited seeing them, chasing them and is aggressive with them, never letting down. And they freak out. They began acting out, showing their stress and their unhappiness. It's too much stress for them, and they deserve better than that.

So we separated them, and the cats have found a peaceful home downstairs, where Catherine doesn't go. It works, but I can't give them the love and attention that they need. They deserve better.

But our new home doesn't have a place like that. The cats would be everywhere. Catherine will be everywhere. There's not a peaceful place for them. And they deserve better than that.

I've tried placing ads, asking around... I've been doing it for a long time. Now that we're moving... and soon... my time is up. I need to find a no-kill shelter that can take them and find a good home for them (thinking about a non no-kill shelter just depresses me).

If anyone does know of someone that would be willing to take my two beautiful cats (or even just one), please let me know. I would be able to handle this so much better if they can go straight to a good home.

On top of everything, I don't want to deal with the sadness and depression that this brings on.

2 comments:

CV said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. You've done the best you could to give those lovely kitties a loving home. I understand how you're feeling - we faced that when we moved to L.A. without Rudy. I found the shelter where we got P.J. http://www.homewardpet.org/contact.html It's a no-kill shelter up in Woodinville - a very lovely place. Your kitties are young and full of spunk. They'll find a good home. Much love and hugs to you. xo

Great Aunt Agitha George said...

Oh gosh, Bree, the timing just wasn't right on this was it. I'm looking for a cat right now that would take the place of Aerial in the house.

Aunt Sue