Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Culture shock

As if culture shock while we were in Europe wasn't enough, I'm getting culture shock at home now. My mind has been constantly focusing on music, currency exchange rates, and thinking/speaking in 3 other languages while we were gone. It's hard to turn that off. A dozen times this morning at the grocery store I started to say something in German and had to stop myself. I'd look at a price tag and start to convert it in my head as if I was still converting from Euros to dollars. And I still can't get several of our songs out of my head. Crazy!

From 11 days of not making any of our own food or having to drive anywhere while traveling and exploring, we are back to the life of diapers, bedtime lullabyes, paying for gas and "crap what's for dinner tonight?". Quite a change to say the least.

No comments: