Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fab Five

In keeping with promises, I need to post a few favorite pictures. Can I actually narrow it down to 5? Or will I be changing the title to Fab Fifty?
Changing of the guard at Prague Castle, just inside the main gate.
I asked Stephen to take a picture of me on Charles Bridge in Prague (a historical bridge dating from 15th century and is now crowded with tourists and vendors of every kind), and he got a nice pleasant shot of me walking among the crowd with a nice view of the castle in the background. Then he kept take pictures and wouldn't stop. So he got me laughing at him because he was right in my face with the camera. I forgave him when I saw how great this shot was.

This was in a little town in between Prague and Vienna called Durnstien. We only stopped for lunch, but I could have stayed for days. Very quaint and beautiful, and set in the primary wine area of Austria.

Another shot from Durnstein, just a little out of town - quite possibly the best shot I got the whole trip.
Taken at the Melk Monastery/Abbey. It is a working monastery and school that houses 33 monks and around a hundred students. The library has over 100,000 books, some dating back 5-6 centuries. Wow!

I need to post some more, I can't narrow it down to just 5. These don't even include pictures of Vienna or Salzburg, or the great little town Traunkirchen that we stopped in. Arrghh!! I will soon.

2 comments:

TahoeKaren said...

Keep the photos coming!! I am glad to know that you made it home OK. I bet Catherine was glad to see you.
Aunt Karen

CV said...

Welcome home! :)