Monday, January 28, 2008

All stressed out with no place to go

I vaguely heard something early this morning while Stephen was getting up about it being snowy outside. My thought process that early didn't get much further than "ugh... turn out the light..." Naturally, nothing registered. An hour later, I'm out of bed starting to make coffee and I look outside. My semi-awake thought process went something like this:

Wow... look how pretty it is out there.
Gosh, there must be an inch or two.
Ugh... driving isn't going to be very fun.
Haha... this is the type of snow that shuts down all of the schools... haha... silly schools.
Wait... school... I'm in school.
Aw, CRAP!!!!!

Sure enough, AM classes are cancelled. Normally this might be cause for celebration. But I have been stressing out all weekend (and I mean really, really stressing out) to prepare for the exam this morning. I finally went to sleep last night feeling as prepared as possible, ready to wake up in the morning and kick the exam's butt. And normally an extra 2 days of studying might be cause for celebration. But I have a party to plan for this Saturday. I needed to get this exam out of the way so I could have time for that. Dangit.

So... now I'm stressed out with no place to go. But in attempt to curb the negative thinking, I am going to settle down with my cup of warm coffee and look out the window and enjoy the pretty snow and the morning off.

No comments: