Wednesday, January 30, 2008

More from the year in pictures

Catherine is turning one in 3 days! This time last year I felt as big as a house and I was getting really impatient because it was past my due date. Now it's almost been a year.

Continuing with the sentimental mood I've been in lately, here are more pictures from the last year. This time, these are some of my favorite memories.

This is one great picture to represent an entire wonderful day - Catherine's baptism. The mass was beautiful, and it was so special to have so many people with us to celebrate. Of note, it was most important and special that her godfamily was there to participate. Matt and Camille, her godparents, are in the picture with us here. Greg, Nancy, Richard, and even Katie were also there, but I can't seem to find a great picture of everyone all together. But this picture shines. The greatest touch: Catherine's beautiful white gown. You can see it in this picture, but not the detail - it was made by my mom and the material was from my wedding dress. How incredible!

Any time that us girls get together is special to me. We are very lucky that it has happened a few times already. This was in June, when my mom and grandma came up for Stephen's concert. We couldn't miss an opportunity to get a picture of all 4 generations together!

Being a student and a mom has been a challenge. It amuses me to no end when Catherine is desperate to know what I am doing when I am studying. This was one of those days - and I turned my head for just a moment... the next thing I knew Catherine had my copy of the periodic table of elements! I had to take a picture before I took it away, but she still managed to eat a couple of the noble gases - xenon and neon if I remember correctly!

In July when the new Harry Potter book came out, a bunch of our friends got together and spent the WHOLE weekend reading it aloud with each other. Naturally, Catherine wanted to get in on the action. We're starting her out as a Harry Potter fan early!

This was such a great night. We spontaneously decided to go to the park one evening after Stephen got home from work. We only had an hour or two before sunset, but luckily it was August so it was nice and warm. We had so much fun! Catherine got to go on the slides and the bouncy horse, but her favorite - and ours - was the swings. To hear her giggle and watch her face light up as she swung back and forth - it was a priceless moment.

This was at a friend's wedding reception in August. Catherine was up for so long, but she was so good. But the poor thing was really tuckered out at the end of the night. She fell asleep on her daddy's shoulder! This is super significant because she's not really a cuddly kid - she prefers to sleep on her own. So when she leaned her head on his shoulder and fluttered her eyes shut, both of us had tears in our eyes - it was so special!

OH! So many memories!

No comments: