Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Looking back, looking forward

Looking back at the last year brings a smile to my face. 2007 has been such an incredible year for us. It was the year that I became a mom. It was the year that I started school again. And although starting school has been a huge accomplishment for me, nothing can compare to all of the memories made by the addition to our family.

Stephen and I have learned so much. Becoming a parent makes you learn more about yourself, and we've grown so much in our relationship as well. *Nothing* changes a relationship more than having a child together. It's been tough adjusting to the changes in our lives, but ultimately we have found how grateful we are to have each other and how well we work together. I've been learning more every day how wonderful it is to truly share my life with my best friend.

And Catherine... she is the perfect melting of Stephen and myself. But yet she is herself - her own person. She is stubborn, strong willed, independent, intelligent, thoughtful and quiet. And oh so incredibly beautiful. We are so lucky to have her. I thank God every day for such a gift.

2008 brings many possibilities; many things to look forward to. Catherine's first birthday is in one month! Wow! Soon she'll be talking and learning her ABC's. Stephen and I will continue singing with the Bach Choir, and we get to sing at Benaroya-Hall in April. We may or may not be able to tour with them in Europe this summer. I will continue taking my prerequisites, and hopefully I'll be able to apply for the nursing program mid-year.

Many more updates, pictures, and information to come. May everyone be as blessed as we are, and may the coming year bring joy to all those that we love.

No comments: