Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My non-resolution

Experience from past years has taught me that the word "resolution" is an easy way to set myself up for failure. Perhaps the term is cursed. Or perhaps it just doesn't carry enough meaning and weight to deliver the motivation needed to truly make a change.

So I refuse to call my promise a resolution. I'm getting back on track with my direction to have a healthy lifestyle. Eat healthy, everything in moderation, and be active enough to make a difference. I had given myself a bit of a break over the holidays. Starting with my final, I was under enough stress that it was actually causing me more stress to worry about what I was eating and keeping track of everything. So my promise was to relax over the holidays and start back on January 2nd.

So... here I go.
Back to the grind.
Back on track.
Back to work.
Back in the saddle again.

And how am I doing so far? Well, it's been about 12 hours, and I'm not doing too well. I had an issue with saying no to cookie dough this afternoon. So in the garbage that goes. It's hard to say yes to something that isn't there. And I move on.

I want to be down on myself and say that I'm really going to need some luck in doing this. But I know this is part of my problem. So, away with the negative thinking and in with the motivational thinking and mantras and trying to build myself up in a positive way.

Not that I need it, but wish me luck. (See, that's better, right?)

No comments: