Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ups and downs of husbands

For the record, I have one of the best husbands out there. Catherine and I are 2 very lucky girls. But there are moments when I want to scream - and there are moments when I feel like it couldn't get any better.

Up: two nights ago as we were getting ready for bed, Stephen sat next to me, took my hands and said that he wanted to pray with me. He talked to God and thanked him for all of the blessings in our lives. Moments don't get much better then that.

Down: this morning we were all running late because SOMEone didn't set the alarm correctly. I got Catherine up and laid out her sweater and shoes. I asked Stephen to take out the garbage because I was going to be late for lab and he said "no problem". I picked up Catherine after lab: no shoes, no sweater. I come home with a cranky baby needing a nap to find that the garbage was NOT taken out and now it was too late. Grrrr!

For better or worse, that's the name of the game, right?

1 comment:

CV said...

Up: Having a husband work at home so he gets to do most of the chores.

Down: I have to remind myslef he'll do them his way and not mine! LOL